Date of Birth
Date of Death
Son Goku (孫 悟空, Son Gokū), born Kakarot (カカロット, Kakarotto) is the main protagonist of the Dragon Ball metaseries created by Akira Toriyama. He is second son of Bardock and Gine, the younger brother of Raditz, the husband of Chi-chi, and the father of Son Gohan and Son Goten.
Bardock: The Father of Goku (TV Special)EditBorn on the Planet Vegeta in Age 737, our hero begin his life as the Saiyan infant "Kakarot". At birth he was classified as a Low Class Warrior. He is the second son of Bardock and Gine, and younger brother to Raditz . He is also the second grandson of Bagge. Before Planet Vegeta's destruction, the second son of Bardock was sent to Earth in order to conquer the planet for the world trade organization. However he crash lands onto the planet and is found and named "Son Goku" by Son Gohan. At first, he was an extremely violent and ill-tempered boy, not obeying Gohan at all, but one day he fell down a ravine and suffered head trauma that sent him into a coma and nearly killed him. After he recovers, Goku's personality has completely changed, going from being a violent to a good-tempered little boy.
Early LifeEditGohan trains him in Martial Arts, teaching him techniques such as the Jan Ken Technique, and giving him the Power Pole. He is seemly normal except for his ignorance of the world (which is demonstrated numerous times, often in humorous ways). But Gohan has made him aware about such things as the cities outside Mt. Paozu. he developed the impression that his birth parents abandoned him in the mountains as a baby leaving him for Gohan to discover. One night, Gohan witnesses Goku's full moon transformation and told him to never go out when there's a full moon. Another night Goku kills his grandfather by accident after transforming into a Great Ape, having no memory of the incident.
Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GTEdit
- Emperor Pilaf and Tournament Saga
- Red Ribbon Army, General Blue and Commader Red Saga
- Fortune Teller Baba and Tien Shinhan Saga
- King Piccolo, Piccolo Jr. and Wedding Dress Saga
- Raditz and Vegeta Saga
- Namek, Captain Ginyu and Frieza Saga
- Trunks, Android, Imperfect, Perfect Cell and Cell Games Saga
- Cooler's Revenge
- Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
- Bojack Unbound
- Other World, Great Saiyaman and World Tournament Saga
- Babidi and Majin Buu Saga
- Fusion and Kid Buu Saga
- Wrath of the Dragon
- Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return!!
- God of Destruction Beerus and Golden Frieza Saga
- Universe 6 and Future Trunks Saga
- Universal Survival Saga
- Peaceful World Saga
- Black Star Dragon Ball, and Baby Saga
- Super 17 and Shadow Dragon Saga
- A Hero's Legacy
Dragon Ball SFEdit
7 years later in Age 797, Goku returns to Earth and reunites with his family and friends and wishes Piccolo back to life and revived most of his friend's youth. This is also the first time, Goku meets his youngest son, Gochan and his grandson, Rohan. Goku later transports Piccolo to New Namek and learns of his son, Kagyu. he later brings them both back to earth.
After returning to his farming duties, Goku decides to participate in the 32nd Tenkaichi Budokai, along with his family and friends and begins training his youngest son. Gochan also. Goku and his friends gather on Papaya Island. after Goku and the other finish the Preliminaries he observes the Junior Division of the 32nd Tenkaichi Budokai.
Fighting Techniques and AbilitiesEdit
- Jan Ken Attack: Also known as Rock, Scissors n' Paper. It was created by Master Roshi. Goku learned it from Grandpa Gohan. An attack in which Goku delivers either a strong punch, a poke in the eyes, or an open palm strike.
- Power Pole: A magical staff that can extend to very long lengths. It was owned by Korin, and it's true purpose is to allow a person to travel from Korin Tower to Kami's Lookout. It was lost long ago by Korin and found by Master Roshi years later, Master Roshi gives it to Grandpa Gohan, and then Grandpa Gohan gives it to Goku.
- Nimbus Cloud: A magical cloud that allows pure hearted beings to use it as a means of transportation.
- Bukujutsu: The ability to use Ki for Flight. This was taught to Goku during his training with Kami and Mr. Popo.
- ''Kamehameha: Also known as the Turtle Destruction Wave. It is Goku's signature attack, even though it was invented by Master Roshi. Goku first learned this technique after witnessing Roshi use it to extinguish the fire on Fire Mountain. Goku also invents other types of this move such as the Super Kamehameha, 4X Kaio Ken Kamehameha, 20X Kaio Ken Kamehameha, Angry Kamehameha, Instant Kamehameha, True Kamehameha, Kamehameha Rebirth, God Kamehameha, 10X Kamehameha & Burst kamehameha.
- After Image Technique: A technique in which the user makes up to 3 holograms of himself/herself to confuse the enemy (sometimes, these "dummys" are of the user taunting his or her foe). If the opponent hits the wrong image, the user will then jump out and attack the foe while his/her back is turned.
- Phantom Star Attack: A Rush Attack, invented by Master Chin, that Goku learned from him during his training around the world as a teen during Dragon Ball.
- Hasshu Ken: King Chappa's signature attack. A technique used to counter Tien's Four Witches Technique.
- Crazy Fist: Also known as Saru-Ken, and Crazy Monkey Technique. A technique used to counter Master Roshi's Drunken Boxing Technique.
- Tornado!: Goku spins while rushing on the opponent to attack him/her.
- Penetrate!: Goku unleashes a one hand Kamehameha into the ground to propel him into the air and closes in and charges through his opponent with all of his remaining energy in his fist.
- Ki Sense: The ability to sense Ki. Goku learned this ability after drinking the Ultra Devine Water. He later fully mastered the Technique after undergoing training with Kami and Mr. Popo for three years to prepare to face Piccolo at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Meteor Combination: A barrage of ounches and kicks, delivered to the opponent at full speed, then a punch to the gut, then Goku dives into the air and launches a Super Kamehameha down towards the opponent. This was used against Piccolo in the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Full Nelson: this attack was Executed by performing half nelsons with both arms. Goku used this once during the fight against Raditz.
- Kiai Wave: A Ki Attack omitted from the palm of his hand.
- Kaioken Finish: A Kaioken Rush type finishing attack, used to defeat Nappa during his attempt to kill Krillin and Gohan.
- Kaioken Attack: A Kaiokenrush type attack, used to battle Vegeta, while powered up into Kaioken x3.
- Telepathy: A Technique that Goku has taught himself.
- Spirit Shot: A discharge of Kiai that can cause a shock wave to his opponents on the moment of impact.
- Dragon Throw: A grapple throw attack first used on Frieza in his Final Form in Dragon Ball Z.
- Energy Barrier: An energy shield used by Goku through the use of using his Ki in order to repel off attacks from his opponent.
Meteor Smash: A Rush Attack performed by Goku in his Super Saiyan form, during his battle against Frieza in his Final Form.
- Meteor Blast: A Rush Attack used on Kid Buu, while Goku was transformed into a Super Saiyan 2.
- Metoer Impact: A Rush Attack used on Majin Buu, while Goku was transformed into a Super Saiyan 3.
- Super Explosive Wave: A burst of Ki emitted from the entire body, causing an explosion.
- Spirit Bomb: Goku learned this Technique after his death against Raditz, while training with King Kai. it is technique that gather energy from life forces on a planet.
- Large Spirit Bomb: A advanced version of the Spirit Bomb used by Goku. it was used in attempt to defeat Frieza.
- Super Spirit Bomb: Another advanced version of the Spirit Bomb used by Goku. it was used to defeat Kid Buu.
- Universal Spirit Bomb: A even greater version of the Spirit Bomb used by Goku. he used it to defeat Omega Shenron.
- Dragon Fist: A incredible powerful attack developed by Goku. This attack is capable destroying much more powerful foes than Goku. It was first used to defeat Hirudegarn in Dragon Ball Z Movie #13 "Wrath Of The Dragon". It was also used to defeat Super Android 17 in Dragon Ball GT.
- Super Dragon Fist: Another version of the Dragon Fist used to defeat Eis Shenron by Super Saiyan 4 Goku in Dragon Ball GT.
- 10x Dragon Kamehameha: A combination of the 10x Kamehameha and the Super Dragon Fist used in an attempt to defeat Omega Shenron in Dragon Ball GT.
- Spirit Dragon Fist: A combination of the Spirit Bomb and Dragon Fist. After Goku absorbs a Universal Spirit Bomb into his body, he unleashes all of the energy through a Dragon Fist into his opponent.
- Invisible Eye Blast: Goku has the ability to shoot A invisible blast of Ki from his eyes
- Destructo Disk: Krillin's signature attack, Goku learned this technique after observing Krillin perform the attack.
- Continous Kamehameha: Also known as the Super Energy Wave Volley. A barrage of energy waves launching rapidly from both hands.
- Solar Flare:Tien's signature attack, Goku learned it after witnessing Tien perform the defensive attack.
- Instant Transmission: This move allows the user to teleport to any location in the universe. To use it, the person must put two fingers on his or her forehead and concentrating on their destination.
- Fusion Dance: The ability to fuse through a dance, invented by the Metamorans, for a fixed period of time.
Transformations and Power UpsEdit
Great ApeEditA Saiyan transformation introduced in the Emperor Pialf Saga of Dragon Ball. Like all Saiyans, Goku can transform into A Great Ape (Oozaru) when he sees the Full Moon while he possesses his tail, though every time it wasn't at will.
Because this tail was removed permanently in Dragon Ball by Kami, this transformation was never seen used by Goku until Dragon Ball GT after Old Kai restores his saiyan tail.
Kaio-kenEditA Power Boost transformation originally created by King Kai introduced in the Vegeta Saga of Dragon Ball Z. With this power up, Goku is surrounded by a red aura, it's maximum multiplie is x20.
Ginyu's BodyEditDuring the Captain Ginyu Saga of Dragon Ball Z, the leader of the Ginyu Force, Captain Ginyu, used his Body Change technique to switch bodies with Son Goku.
Pseudo Super SaiyanEditIntroduced In Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug. Goku achieved this form in an attempt to defeat Lord Slug. Also known as Pre-Superr Saiyan and False Super Saiyan.
Through the rage of being beat down, Goku unleashed a huge amount of power and became a False like Super Saiyan, which gave him more speed and strength for a few seconds, enough to thrash Lord Slug. In this form, he looks similar to his Kaioken form, but he becomes more bulkier, except his eyes are pupil-less and his hair stands up and gain a red tint.
Super SaiyanEditGoku uses his new powers to defeat Frieza, his greatest foe at the time. Frieza had destroyed the Saiyan race out of fear of their growning power, and the idea of a possible "Super Saiyan". As a result of defeating Frieza, Goku avenges the Saiyan race, and the death of his best friend Krillin, but it is Future Trunks who kills the tyrant for good in the main timeline. Future Goku however kills Frieza and King Cold in Future Trunks' timeline. The appearance of a Super Saiyan manifests in the user's hair to stand up and turn golden yellow, including the eyebrows. The pupils in the eyes turns emerald green, and a golden aura is emitted from the entire body. In Dragon Ball GT, After being wished back into his childhood form, Goku can still transform into a Super Saiyan.
However, he is unable to maintain the form for as long as he can in his adult body, though for far longer than his Super Saiyan 3 form. However once his tail is restored, he becomes able to maintain the form indefinitely.
Super Saiyan 2nd GradeEditThis form is also known as Ascended Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Stage 2 or Super Goku.
While training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Goku achieved this form of Super Saiyan. However, although this new power up would not take as much of a heavy hit on his speed as the successor would, he decides that staying transformed like this demands far too much Ki to be spent, and so decides that the regular Super Saiyan is best suited for combat, and makes a plan for him and Gohan to master it before leaving the chamber. The characteristics of an Ascended Super Saiyan, causes the muscles to swell up a bit, and the golden aura increases.
Super Saiyan 3rd GradeEditThis form is also known as Ultra Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Stage 3 or Super Goku 2.
Like the Ascended Super Saiyan, Goku also reached this form of Super Saiyan while training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Although apparently stronger than Cell in this state, his speed was greatly decreased. This led to him not using the transformation in battle. The characteristics of a Ultra Super Saiyan, causes the muscles to grow to adnormal levels, and the golden aura increases.
Super Saiyan - Full PowerEditIntroduced in Dragon Ball Z during the Cell Games Saga. After realizing the weaknesses inherent to the higher grades of Super Saiyan, Goku concluded that mastery over the basic Super Saiyan transformation would be more advantageous and went on to improve his endurance in that form, thus achieving this state.
Super Saiyan Power Edit
A Power up used by Son Goku during the Other World Saga of Dragon Ball Z. in his base form in order to utilize some of the Super Saiyan power without actually transforming fully into a Super Saiyan.
Super Kaio-ken: EditA combination of the Kaio-ken and Super Saiyan used by Son Goku during the Other World Saga of Dragon Ball Z. By using the power of Kaio-ken while in his Super Saiyan form, Goku gains a massive power increase, which is statistically equivalent to that of a Super Saiyan 2, by taking the 2x multiplier of these forms into consideration.
Super Saiyan 2EditAlthough it is unknown when exactly Goku achieved the Super Saiyan 2 transformation, it is assumed Goku achieved this transformation in the Other World, where he can put out unlimited energy into his transformation.
The characteristics of a Super Saiyan 2 result in, such as the golden hair growing longer and spiker, like a crest of knives, and more of the forehead head strands spiking up to the rest of the hair. He also gains bio electricity in his golden aura, and his aura grows more markedly larger and more vibrant.
In Dragon Ball GT, while as a kid, Goku is shown using Super Saiyan 2 briefly against General Rilldo and later against Baby Vegeta.
Super Saiyan 3EditGoku achieved this level in Other World as he could put unlimited energy into his transformation.
Goku is first seen using this form against Majin Buu during the Majin Buu Saga of Dragon Ball Z. Once in this form, Goku was able to easily overpower Majin Buu in his first form and stood up to Kid Buu for a fair amount of time.
However the transformation is extremely draining in terms of energy, as it cuts Goku's time left on Earth from hours to a stated 30 minutes after performing the transformation for a short time. The characteristics of a Super Saiyan 3, resulting in the golden hair growing to a very long length. The eyebrows vanish, giving its user a more ape-like appearance, and the bio electricity in the aura intensifies greatly.In Dragon Ball GT, Goku's time to maintain the Super Saiyan 3 transformation was reduced due to his childhood body. After the Old Kai restores his tail, the transformation becomes possible to be maintained longer.
Super Saiyan GodEditA Saiyan God hybird transformation introduced in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and the God of Destruction Beerus Saga of Dragon Ball Super. In order for a Saiyan to reach this level of Super Saiyan, is to absorb the energy of five other Saiyans into his being in order to transform, however the user can only remain in this form for a fixed period of time. While in this form, the user can absorb ki.
The appearance drastically changes as well from other previous Super Saiyan forms resulting in the muscle mass of the entire body greatly decreasing to a slimmer appearance, the hair regains the Saiyan's base form's normal shape and gains a red tint and lights up slighty, with the skin gaining a tan. The Saiyan's eyes grow and becomes more sharper and the irises become red. The golden aura emitted from the entire body becomes flame like and gains a explosive appearance.
Saiyan beyond GodEdit
a empowered state of being undertaken by Saiyans who achieve the ability to utilize the power of Super Saiyan God without having to change their form. introduced in Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection "F" and the Golden Frieza Saga of Dragon Ball Super.
Super Saiyan BlueEdit.the form is also known as Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
After undergoing vigorous ki control training with Whis alongside Vegeta on Beerus Planet, After training with Whis, Goku learned that trying to transform into a Super Saiyan while in his Saiyan beyond God state, caused him to become Super Saiyan Blue. The form is also introduced in Dragon Ball Z - Resurrection F and the Golden Frieza Saga of Dragon Ball Super.
the power as Super saiyan Blue grealt ysurpasses that of a Super Saiyan God in strength and power proving more effective with ki control.
Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-kenEditA combination of Super Saiyan Blue and Kaio-ken. introduced in the the Universe 6 Saga of Dragon Ball Super. The regular Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken state appears when Goku uses up to x10 multipliers and is simply the Super Saiyan Blue form with a red aura over the first aura
10x Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-kenEditWhen pushing the multiplier up to x10, Goku's blue hair appears several shades lighter than normal almost white, and his skin appears to be illuminated by the Kaio-ken's aura to a light shade of red or pink. Introduced in the Universe 6 Saga of Dragon Ball Super.
At first the power up had flaws, but later in the Future Trunks Saga, Goku is shown being able to use this form more often.
Complete Super Saiyan BlueEditthe master form of Super Saiyan Blue that it no longer has any stamina flaws, and can utilize it's full power at all times. Introduced in Dragon Ball Super.
Also known as Super Saiyan Blue Full Power.
Kid (GT)EditThis is Goku reverted back into a child, by a wish made on the Black Star Dragon Balls by Emperor Pilaf in Dragon Ball GT.
As a child, he realizes he can't perform certain techniques he could use as a adult, such as the Instant Transmission, and it becomes harder for him to maintain certain forms such as Super Saiyan 3. While a child he was able to get his tail back, with the help of Old Kai, which not only allowed for easier access to Super Saiyan 3, but eventually permitted him to transform into a Golden Great Ape and Super Saiyan 4.
Golden Great ApeEditGoku achieved this form in Dragon Ball GT after Old Kai helped Goku to grow back his tail which allowed him to once again transform into a Great Ape.
When he looked at the Earth in the Baby Saga, it provided sufficient substitute Blutz Waves which allowed him to take this form, a combination of the Super Saiyan state and the classic Great Ape transformation. Upon regaining control, he later transformed into a Super Saiyan 4.
Super Saiyan 4EditA Super Saiyan/ Great Ape hybird transformation attained through the Golden Great Ape form. It gifts the Saiyan with primal power, though they retain a humanoid appearance. This form is achieved by Goku after achieving the Golden Great Ape State and being calmed down by Pan in Dragon Ball GT.
The overwhelming power of this transformation is apparently great enough to overcome the Black Star Dragon Balls' power. The spell is only suppressed during the transformation, however. In addition to him being turned back into an adult temporarily, Goku's overall appearance changes yet again. His tail is easily visible and turns red, the hair becomes wild and long (not as long as a Super Saiyan 3), his eyes becomed lined with a red tint, his pupils turn golden yellow and red fur covers almost all of his body from head to toe resulting in a Saiyan/Ape Hybird transformation. Also his clothes drastically changes as well. His personality becomes wild, making him able to surpass most of the enemies he faces.
The only way a Saiyan can attain Super Saiyan 4 is if they become a Golden Great Ape and regain conscious control over the form. After this form is attained, it cannot usually be accessed at will and requires additional exposure to Blutz Waves, however Goku is a special case, capable of using the form whenever he wishes.
Super Saiyan 4 Full PowerEditWhile in this state of Super Saiyan 4, Son goku gains a red aura which occasionally flashes over his whole body along with a massive increase in power. This power up state of Super Saiyan 4 is also known as Ultra-Full- Power Saiyan 4 introduced in the Shadow Dragon Saga of Dragon Ball GT.
Shenron ModeEditA Super Saiyan/Eternal Dragon hybrid transformation also known as Super Saiyan Divine Mode introduced in Dragon Ball SF during the After Future Saga.
This form is the result of Goku combining Super Saiyan with Shenron's power in order to grant wishes and to help repair the balance as the eternal dragon slumbers for 100 years.
A far stronger type of Great Ape introduced in Dragon Ball SF (fan-manga). It is the result of a Saiyan transforming through the power of rage and light while ni this form, he is able to control his godly ki.
Intorduced during the Fusion Saga of Dragon Ball Z and appears in Dragon Ball Super during the Future Trunks Saga
VekuEditVeku is the product of a failed Fusion Dance between Goku and Vegeta resulting in A obese version OF Gogeta introduced in Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn.
Gogeta is the product of a Fusion Dance between Goku and Vegeta introduced in Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn.
In Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn, Gogeta is formed through Fusion as A Super Saiyan and used to defeat Janemba.
In Dragon Ball GT, Gogeta is used through fusion dance while transformed into Super Saiyan 4 and used to fight against Omega Shenron in dragon Ball GT.