1/2 Saiyan, 1/2 Earthling
Date of Birth:
May, Age 757
Date of Death:
Age 774 (Revived)
Gohan (孫 悟飯, Son Gohan) is the eldest son of Goku and Chi-Chi, older brother to Goten, husband of Videl, and the father of Pan and Maaku. He is named after Goku's adoptive grandfather Gohan. he is first introduced in Dragon Ball Z and later appears in Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Super. Gohan also appears in Dragon Ball SF.
Early LifeEditGohan was born in the 757 Age of May to Goku and Chichi, as a child he displayed a very high amount of vast potential. Instead of being allowed
to train, Chichi wished for Gohan to train his mind instead and become a 8 scholar. for a while he went without having a name until one day it was decided to name him after Grandpa Gohan, after he takes a liking to the name while still being a infant. one day during a walk through the forest after his stroller was accidentally let go by Goku just for a moment, Gohan demonstrates some of his hidden power in order to survive being nearly killed after crashing through a tree to his father's amazement.
All of these events take place within this main timeline apart of the Extended Universe:
Jaco: The Galactic Patrolman Dragon Ball
- Emperor Pialf Saga
- The Tournament Saga
- Red Ribbon Army Saga
- General Blue Saga
- Commander Red Saga
- Fortune Teller Baba Saga
- Tien Shinhan Saga
- King Piccolo Saga
Dragon Ball Z
- Dead Zone (Movie) (Note - Dead Zone is altered in Dragon Ball SF. Master Roshi, Krillin and Bulma are absent and Goku instead uses his Dragon radar to find Gohan at Garlic Jr's fortress. he used the Dragon radar given to him from bulma during the King Piccolo Saga of Dragon Ball.)
- Raditz Saga
- Vegeta Saga
- Namek Saga
- Captain Ginyu Saga
- Frieza Saga
- Garlic Jr. Saga
- Trunks Saga
- Cooler's Revenge (Movie)
- Android Saga
- Imperfect Cell Saga
- Perfect Cell Saga
- Cell Games Saga
- Bojack Unbound (Movie)
- Other World Saga
- Great Saiyaman Saga
- World Tournament Saga
- Babidi Saga
- Majin Buu Saga
- Fusion Saga
- Kid Buu Saga
- Wrath of the Dragon (Movie) (Note - the ending of Wrath of the Dragon is altered in Dragon Ball SF. Tapion is given a spaceship instead of a Time Machine. Before he leaves for Planet Konats, and he gives Trunks his sword.)
- Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return!!! (Jump Special)
- Peaceful World Saga
Dragon Ball Super
- God of Destruction Beerus Saga
- Golden Frieza Saga
- Universe 6 Saga
- Copy Vegeta Saga
- Future Trunks Saga
- Universe Survival Saga
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Movie)
Dragon Ball GT
- Black Star Dragon Ball Saga
- Baby Saga
- Super 17 Saga
- Shadow Dragon Saga
- A Hero's Legacy (TV Special)
Dragon Ball SFEdit
Techniques and AbilitiesEdit
- Leave My Daddy Alone!: Gohan explodes into a rage with a headbutt along with his entire body surrounded in a fire like aura delivering a critical blow to his opponent. This was performed on Raditz in Dragon Ball Z.
- Hidden Power:Gohan charges in mid air, and a blue aura surrounds his entire body and fires a energy beam. This was done during Piccolo's demonstration of Gohan's hidden power in Dragon Ball Z.
- Charge!:A Rush Attack. Gohan charge a yellow defensive aura around his entire body, as a delivers a critical punch. This was first done during his training with Piccolo, in Dragon Ball Z.
- Flight: The ability to fly using Ki. Piccolo taught this technique to Gohan.
- Ki Sense:The ability to sense Ki.
- Masenko: Gohan's signature attack, taught to him by Piccolo. The Super Masenko and 10X Masenko are stronger froms of the attack.
- Energy Blast Barrage: Also known as Gekiretsu Madan. A barrage of energy blasts.
- Special Beam Cannon: Gohan learned it from Piccolo, during his training, but he has never used in a battle. It was ussed once doing his mental training with Krillin seen in Dragon Ball Z.
- Barrage Rush Blaster: Also known as Masendan, and Masenko Break. A rush attack, used on Frieza in his 2nd Form, in Dragon Ball Z, after witnessing Krillin's near death.
- Wild Rush Blaster:Also called Bakurestu Ranma. A rush attack used on Frieza in his Third Form, in Dragon Ball Z, in a attempt to save Piccolo from near death.
- Double Masenko: A two handed version of the Masenko used to kill Spice and Vinegar in Dragon Ball Z.
- Golden Dome Attack: A massive energy blast used to destroy the Makyo Star, in Dragon Ball Z.
- Kamehameha: A energy wave technique that Gohan learned from Goku, during his training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in Dragon Ball Z. Gohan can also perform the Super Kamehameha, Explosive Kamehameha and Ultimate Kamehameha. Gohan can also perform a 10X Kamehameha in Dragon Ball SF, after achieving Super Saiyan 4.
- Super Assault Combo: A rush Attack used by Gohan as a teen in his Super Saiyan form in Dragon Ball Z.
- Quiet Rage: A rush attack used by Gohan as a teen in his Super Saiyan 2 form to defeat the Cell Jr's in Dragon Ball Z.
- Explosive Demon Impact: A rush attack used on Cell in his Power Weighted form in Dragon Ball Z.
- Father-Son Kamehameha:This is Gohan's (as a teen transformed into a Super Saiyan 2) strongest Kamehameha. It was used to finally defeat Cell in his Super Perfect Form in Dragon Ball Z..
- Explosive Masenko: also known as Explosive Cannon, and Explosive Madan. A short range Masenko first used on Dabura seen in Dragon Ball Z. A more powerful version is used in the Super Saiyan 2 transformation, known as Super Explosive Masenko and also known as Super Explosive Cannon and Super Explosive Madan.
- Explosive Combination: A rush attack used by Gohan on Dabura, in Dragon Ball Z.
- Justice Punch: A strong punch used by Gohan while transformed into the Great Saiyaman.
- I'm Here To Kill You!:A rush attack used against Super Buu, by Gohan while transformed into Ultimate Gohan, seen in Dragon Ball Z.
- Burst Rush': Gohan's Ultimate Attack while transformed into Ultimate Gohan used against Super Buu, seen in Dragon Ball Z.
- Explosive Wave: A burst of energy emitted from the entire body.
- Super Explosive Wave: A much stronger burst of energy emitted from the entire body capable of causing massive destruction around him to anything within his path.
Great ApeEditThis transformation occurs when a person with Saiyan heritage (and with a tail) looks directly at a full moon, or something that simulates its effects, such as a Saiyan Power Ball. The result is the waves from the moon stimulating a gland in their tails, enabling a seemingly unavoidable transformation. This is a complete genetic transformation, so it greatly affects Gohan's mental state. Because Gohan never had any proper training, Gohan loses all form of mental control, becoming a primal beast. However, during his fight against Vegeta, Goku's words were able to reach Gohan enough to regain some of his rational thought and focus on his real enemy. Gohan only transforms into this state three times throughout the series, twice while he was training with Piccolo, and one final time when fighting Vegeta, the final of which Gohan was able to regain some rational control of himself thanks to Goku's interventions.
Unlock PotentialEditGohan acquired this when he visited Guru during his trip on Namek. Guru placed his hand on top of Gohan's head and using his own powers, released Gohan's latent potential. This, however, did not release all of Gohan's hidden power, since he was still only able to unleash his hidden power through fierce rage.
Gohan's abilities were enhanced along with the strength of his hidden power, and as a side effect, continuously grew alongside Krillin with each battle, as stated by Vegeta. The first time that he receives this power-up roughly multiplies his power tenfold, allowing him to access a power in around the mid-10,000s range, though with the subsequent battles against Recoome and Frieza, he grows many times stronger. During one bout of rage, he was even able to subdue Frieza's third form.
Gohan became a Super Saiyan at nine years of age (if including the time spent in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber; he was around the physical age of ten), during the intense training he endured with his father to help him ascend.
Gohan was the youngest to appear as a Super Saiyan until the appearance of his brother Goten, who accesses the state effortlessly at seven years old. In this state, Gohan was called the Gold Fighter by the residents of Satan City during the Great Saiyaman Saga.
Full Power Super SaiyanEditA advanced version of the Super Saiyan Transformation first seen in Dragon Ball Z.
Gohan is one of the first people to display full mastery over the Super Saiyan. Gohan had learned to perfect the Super Saiyan form with his father, when his father suggested that they remain transformed for extended periods of time so that they could master Super Saiyan, including all the unwanted behavioral effects. This mastery of the Super Saiyan enables full control over the energy output and consumption, completely diminishing strain on the body.
Super Saiyan 2EditGohan was the first to ever reach this form of a Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z.
After the destruction of Android 16, Gohan was the first to reach this transformation of Super Saiyan. This made him strong enough to defeat Cell. While in this form, Gohan's hair stands straight up with the exception of one lock that hangs down, and he is surrounded by aura electricity all the times. One thing is quite noticeable when he in particular manifests this transformation: his nature is prone to complete change, giving him an almost sadistic sense of mind. This is completely opposite of his natural reluctance and innocence when he is not transformed
Great SaiyamanEditA transformation suit designed by Bulma for Gohan to fight crime in Satan City seen in Dragon Ball Z.
Gohan uses this costume to try and hide his identity while attending Orange Star High School in Satan City (Orange Star City). However his identity is eventually discovered by Videl, and she forces him to enter the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament. During his appearance in the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai, he abandons the helmet, and wears a white scarf around his head along with a pair of sunglasses.
Super Great SaiyamanEditWhen Gohan becomes a Super Saiyan as Great Saiyaman, he is referred to as Super Great Saiyaman.
Ultimate GohanEditThis power up was achieved by a special ceremony performed by Old Kai.
Although technically this ability is not exclusive to Gohan alone as the ceremony can be used to unlock anyone's sleeping powers, his was unusual in the amount of time it took to unlock due to his amazing potential unlike any other person who had undergone this ritual before. Gohan activates this ability in a similar fashion to the Super Saiyan transformation, however the colors of his aura and eyes do not change. Only subtle differences are present, including more pronounced facial features, more upright hair (similar to a super saiyan), and a large, uncolored aura.
By the time Frieza resurfaced, he had lost the ability to access his full potential from lack of training and had to transform into a Super Saiyan to access a fraction of his true power.
Eventually Gohan regained full mastery of this form and grows even stronger than ever through training with Piccolo in anticipation of the Tournament of Power, enough that Goku tests him by fighting as a Super Saiyan 2 and even further as a Super Saiyan Blue but was actually pushed back and only defeated Gohan once he further amplified his power.
Infected GohanEditDuring the events of Dragon Ball GT, Gohan is possessed by Baby (while under Baby's control he is named Baby Gohan), and then later by a regular Tuffle parasite.